First things first, I apologize for not posting yesterday. Life happens, ya know? Ton of links today:
.....OR MAYBE NOT
- Fox Soccer: Hartson keen on Wales job
- The Telegraph: Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs unlikely to take on Wales manager's job
I really hope if Giggs doesn't get/take the Welsh job, that he'll be given an offer in the future. I think he would do a wonderful job there, making the talent the Welsh have work.
- ESPN: Ottmar Hitzfeld rejected Manchester United over language fears
- The Telegraph: Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld rejected chance to manage Manchester United
- The Guardian: Bebe named in Manchester United's Champions League squad after all
- Canadian Press: Bebe on board for Man United as Ferguson includes new signing in squad
- ESPN: Bebe included in Fergie's Champions League squad
- Manchester Evening News: Fresh hope for Hargreaves
- The FA: Smalling: "Our spirit showed"
- Manutd.com: Scholes is August's star
We start out here with a couple of links about former Bayern Munich manager (during the 98-99 season, as well) almost taking the United job after Sir Alex's planned retirement in 2004. Then, to explain, the Bebe links are because it was initially reported that he had been left out of the Champion's League roster, but that was in error. Also, voters at the team's website diasagree with our poll and give the Player of the Month award to Paul Scholes.
- FansFC.com: Manchester United ready to swoop for £8 million Ninis
- Manchester Evening News: United, Real, Milan eye Ninis
- Manchester Evening News: Scholes form put paid to Rodwell swoop
- Sky Sports: King uncertain over future
What, you think there's no Rooney links in here? There's way too many after the jump:
OTHER PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS:
- The Guardian: Louis Saha and Jack Rodwell doubtful for Everton game against Manchester United
- Fox Soccer:Fabregas: I was forced to stay
- Fox Soccer: Houllier to take over at Villa
- 7500 to Holte (Aston Villa): Aston Villa Manager Search: Gerard Houllier A Lock?
NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY IN FRONT OF SCOUSE SCUM:
WORLD CUP 2018:
- The Telegraph: England in with 'great chance' of hosting 2018 World Cup, says Sir Alex Ferguson
ROONEY WATCH 2010:
image pending...meaning I'll get to it when I get to it
On a serious note, as with any of the links from the tabloids: don't believe everything your read. I link alot of stuff from the tabloids because they are usually pretty quick on transfer news and they have decent overall football coverage. But we're no longer dealing with "back page" material...we're dealing with what the tabloids love to do...gossip. In the interest of full disclosure, I think Rooney's an idiot and whatever she gets from him, good for her. Beyond that, I really don't care. I hope Sir Alex can find the "head removing from ass machine" that he's used on other stars of the past, notably David Beckham. Unlike Beckham's ultimate fate, I hope Rooney can stay at Manchester United, because he's a damn good striker who has a lot of other qualities besides his off the pitch love for fast cars and fast women. He'll grow out of that. Probably with some help from Sir Alex's machine.
THE DOWN AND DIRTY:
- The Daily Mail: Rooney, the call girls and a text confession: He tells wife of shameful claims as she is having her hair done
- The Daily Mail: Rooney stunner for England: Mystery of striker's dismal World Cup resolved as call girl tells of £1,200-a-night hotel trysts
- The Daily Mail: Wayne Rooney: Divorce? I don't care
- The Daily Mail: What turned Jenifer Thompson into a £1,200-a-night escort?
- The Telegraph: Wayne Rooney 'slept with prostitute while wife Coleen was pregnant'
- The Sun: Wayne Rooney's past caught up with him as his sleazy private life was uncovered
- The Telegraph: Grandmother at centre of first Rooney sex scandal 'sorry' for Coleen over new claims
- The Daily Mail: Wayne Rooney now on his knees: Scandal threatens England's new dawn
SINCE IT'S MORE IMMEDIATE: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ENGLAND?
- The Daily Mail: Wayne Rooney roars in-flight pledge of defiance to England boss Fabio Capello
- The Daily Mail: England boss Fabio Capello unsure over Wayne Rooney ahead of Switzerland clash after lurid sex allegations
- The Sun: Fab fears for Roo's mind
- Sky Sports: Rooney set for Swiss trip
- The Telegraph: Wayne Rooney still with England squad despite newspaper allegations
- The Sun: Wayne Rooney insists he wants to play against Switzerland
- The Telegraph: Wayne Rooney travels with England for Switzerland Euro 2012 clash
- The Mirror: Rooney still expected to go to Switzerland
- The Daily Mail: Wayne Rooney jets out to Switzerland as Fabio Capello gambles on England striker
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR MANCHESTER UNITED?
- Daily Express:Wayne Rooney to tough it out at Everton
- The Mirror: Sir Alex scraps plans to make Wayne Rooney the next Manchester United captain
- The Sun: Wayne Rooney has not started contract talks with Manchester United
WHAT ABOUT SIR ALEX?
- The Telegraph: England striker Wayne Rooney should turn to Sir Alex Ferguson for help, not Fabio Capello
- Daily Star: Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson must save Wayne Rooney from himself
- The Sun: Scandal may be disaster for Alex
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
- Manchester Evening News: Milner backs Rooney after newspaper claims
- The Sun: Steven Gerrard backs his pal Wayne Rooney
- The Telegraph: Wayne Rooney should play despite distractions, says Ottmar Hitzfeld
- The Sun: Terry Venables says Wayne Rooney must forget off the field problems and concentrate on playing
- The Telegraph: Wayne Rooney too busy to worry, says Ryder Cup Captain Colin Montgomerie
- The Sun: Wayne Rooney is such a cuckroo clot
WHAT ABOUT HIS ENDORSEMENTS?
- Daily Express: Wayne Rooney's advertising deals in danger
- The Daily Mail: Wayne Rooney keeps Nike deal despite sex scandal allegations
- The Telegraph: Nike stand by Wayne Rooney despite allegations