Bob Levey - Getty Images
Manchester United players were deployed all over the globe on Tuesday for their national sides. Here's a round-up of their involvement.
Manchester United players were on international duty all over the globe again on Tuesday. Here's a round-up of their involvement:
* Wayne Rooney (England): Rooney was selected for the starting XI in the away World Cup qualifier to Poland. However, the match was abandoned due to heavy rain making the pitch unplayable -- as did the failure to use a roof that could have prevented such an occurrence. The match has been rescheduled for today (4:00pm BST, 11:00am EST).
* Michael Carrick (England): Carrick was also selected to start in the abandoned qualifier.
* Tom Cleverley (England): Cleverley was also selected to start in the abandoned qualifier.
* Danny Welbeck (England): Welbeck was not selected to start.
* Patrice Evra (France): In perhaps the most anticipated international on the globe for Tuesday, Evra started and went the full 90 minutes in France's draw with world and European champions Spain in Madrid. Arsenal's Olivier Giroud scored an equaliser deep into stoppage time to make the contest a 1-1 draw.
* Robin van Persie (Holland): The Dutchman started and scored in his side's 4-1 defeat of Romania in a qualifier. He went the full 90 minutes.
* Robbie Brady (Ireland): The 20-year-old made his first competitive start for Ireland in their 4-1 defeat of Faroe Islands. He was substituted off at half-time.
* Darren Fletcher (Scotland): Fletcher captained Scotland to an away 0-2 defeat by Belgium. He started and went the full 90 minutes.
* Jonny Evans (Northern Ireland): Evans started and went the full 90 minutes in his side's impressive 1-1 draw to Portugal.
* Nani (Portugal): Nani started and went the full 90 minutes in his side's 1-1 draw with Northern Ireland in Porto. Portugal have now fallen five points behind group leaders Russia.
* Joshua King (Norway): King came on as a substitute at half-time and scored a goal in his side's 3-1 away defeat of Cyprus.
* Shinji Kagawa (Japan): The playmaker started and went the full 90 minutes in Japan's 0-4 defeat in a friendly by Brazil. For United fans, one fortunate thing is that Kagawa will not have to travel back to Manchester from either Japan nor Brazil as the match was held in Poland.
* Antonio Valencia (Ecuador): The United winger started and went the full 90 minutes in Ecuador's 1-1 draw with Venezuela.
* Javier Hernandez (Mexico): Chicharito started and scored for Mexico in their 2-0 defeat of El Salvador. It's what he does. He was substituted off in the 60' minute.
* Angelo Henriquez (Chile): The 18-year-old was called into the squad but he was an unused substitute.