Robbie Brady impressed in his Ireland debut.
All around the globe, World Cup qualifying continued on Tuesday and Manchester United players were involved in the action on four different continents. Here is a round-up of the action.
* Tom Cleverley (England): Cleverley was rewarded with another start after impressing last Friday in the No.10 role versus Moldova. Once again, his movement was good in England's 1-1 draw with Ukraine at Wembley as he continually got himself into dangerous positions. However, he had a few glaring misses and he was substituted off in the 62nd minute.
* Danny Welbeck (England): Welbeck came on for Cleverley in the 62nd minute and he was credited for providing a spark for England. The 21-year-old hit the post late and he also won the penalty that Frank Lampard eventually converted for the equaliser.
* Robin van Persie (Holland): The in-form striker started in Holland's 4-1 away defeat of Hungary but he was substituted off at half-time after a reported thigh injury. Holland manager Louis van Gaal downplayed the injury scare after the match by saying he withdrew van Persie as a cautionary measure and that he didn't believe the injury to be too serious.
* Patrice Evra (France): Evra started at left-back and went the full 90 minutes in France's 3-1 victory over Belarus.
* Nani (Portugal): The winger started on the right side of attack in Portugal's 4-3-3 system. He was substituted off in the 77th minute during his side's 3-0 defeat of Azerbaijan.
* Joshua King (Norway): The 20-year-old striker made his second appearance for Norway when he came on as a half-time substitute in his side's 2-1 defeat of Slovenia.
* Jonny Evans (Northern Ireland): Despite complaining of pain in his surgically repaired ankle during his last appearance for Northern Ireland on Friday, the United defender started once again in his country's 1-1 draw with Luxembourg. He went the full 90 minutes.
* Robbie Brady (Ireland | friendly): Even though it was only a friendly, the 20-year-old impressed in his Ireland debut as he set up two goals and scored one himself in his country's 4-1 defeat of Oman.
* Shinji Kagawa (Japan): The United playmaker withdrew himself prior to Japan's 1-0 defeat of Iraq because of back pain. The United playmaker claimed it's not a serious issue and that he doesn't anticipate he'll be out long. It is a long flight back to England though from Japan so hopefully that doesn't further trouble his back.
* Antonio Valencia (Ecuador): The right-winger started in Ecuador's 1-1 away draw with Uruguay but he was sent off after being booked twice.
* Javier Hernandez (Mexico): Chicharito started and he scored the lone goal from a header in Mexico's 1-0 defeat of Costa Rica. The striker played the full 90 minutes.